Agency of International Fund for Saving Aral Sea
Fax: +998 71 255-02-49
Mission: develop a viable framework for strengthening dialogue and partnership between member-countries as well as with foreign governmental, non-governmental and international organizations for the development, approval and implementation of regional project activities that are supported by and serve the interests of all member states.
Vision: promote to improvement of life conditions of the peoples of Central Asia.
Strategy: EC IFAS developed the Plan of activities for effective elaboration, endorsement and implementation of the ASB Program and improvement of the political platform linking the national, regional and international institutions for the joint and coordinated work. In order to successfully implement the ASBP-3 projects, the capacities of EC IFAS and other IFAS bodies need to be strengthened. Our activities are aimed at setting a close link between the ASBP-3 and the process of improving institutional and legal framework.
Key activities: IWRM; sustainable development.
Projects: Aral Sea Basin Program – I, II, III
- U. Ashirbekov, I. Zonn: Aral: the History of Dying Sea (2003);
- IFAS 10 years (decisions and events) (2003);
- IFAS: the way to regional cooperation (2003);
- Impact of Climate Change to Water Resources in Central Asia (2009);
- GEF Agency of IFAS (2009); Aral Sea Basin Program 3 (2011);
- BEAM — Aral Sea Basin Economic Allocation Model (2012); Assessment of Climate Change Impact on Water Resources with Respect to Energy Economic Infrastructure in the Countries of Central Asia (2012);
- The International Fund for saving the Aral Sea — in best interests of peoples of Central Asia (2012);
- The Executive Committee of International Fund for saving the Aral Sea and International Cooperation (2012);
- Regional Center of Hydrology in Central Asia (2012);
- Central Asia Hydrometeorology Modernization Project (2012);
- Project “Mutually acceptable mechanism on integrated use of water resources in Central Asia through applying a Scenario Approach” (2012);
- Program of Measures on Eliminating the Consequences of the Drying Up of the Aral Sea and Averting the Catastrophe of the Ecological Systems in the Aral Sea Region;
- The International Fund for saving the Aral Sea (2014);
- Aral Sea: Yesteday, Today, Tomorrow (2015);
- Participation EC IFAS in the 7th World Water Forum (2015);
Partners: The Governments of Central Asian countries; GEF; UNECE; GIZ; WB Group; USAID; Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC); EU; OSCE; UN Regional Centre for Preventive Diplomacy for CA; CAREC; UNDP; FAO; UNESCO: etc.